About the Living Stones of the Holy Land Trust
Living Stones of the Holy Land Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales (Reg. Charity No. 1081204)
Registered address: 48 Strickland Way, Kent BR6 9UE
Find out all about Living Stones by downloading our leaflet.
An ecumenical charity with the primary aim of advancing education about Christianity in the Holy Land and countries around, by:
- raising awareness in Britain and elsewhere, educating and informing the public concerning Christians in the Holy Land, through our website, lectures, newsletter and a yearbook of academic theological articles;
- promoting contacts between Christians (and others) in Britain and in the Holy Land, e.g. through pilgrimages promoting encounter, reflection and witness;
- cooperating with other charities and groups with similar aims, by sharing activities and information.
Our spiritual patrons include:
In the Middle East: Archbishop Suheil Dawani, Anglican Bishop in Jerusalem; Patriarch Gregorios III, Melkite Patriarch (Emeritus) of Antioch; Nora Carmi, Co-ordinator for Kairos Palestine; Bishop Theodosius of Sebastia, Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem; Patriarch Fuad Tual, Latin Patriarch (Emeritus) in Jerusalem; Bishop Munib Younan, Lutheran Bishop (Emeritus)in Jerusalem ; Jean Zaru, Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) co-founder of Sabeel
Elsewhere: Cardinal Vincent Nichols, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Westminster; Revd Baroness Richardson of Calow, Methodist Church in Britain; Archbishop John Sentamu, Anglican Archbishop of York; Bishop Desmond Tutu, former Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town
About the Michael Prior Memorial Fund
The Revd Professor Michael Prior, founder and first chairman of Living Stones, a “stalwart, fearless and vocal supporter of the rights of the oppressed communities in Israel/Palestine”, died suddenly in 2004.
The Memorial Fund which bears his name:
- Provides bursaries for higher academic studies among Palestinians, particularly (but not exclusively) in theology;
- Funds an annual Michael Prior Memorial lecture, alternately in the UK and at Bethlehem University;
- Arranges other occasional events with an educational or academic focus.
Please go to the Michael Prior Fund pages to find out more.
How we use our Funds
The Living Stones of the Holy land Trust is a small charity which relies on its supporters to finance and carry out its work, through membership, legacies and donations.
How to support the Living Stones of the Holy land Trust
Please fill in the form here if you would like to join or donate, or set up a standing order mandate to continue to support our work. Please Gift Aid your subscription or donation if you are a UK tax payer.
If you have any queries please contact us.
Benefits of Membership
You will receive our regular newsletters, a copy of the Living Stones Yearbook, invitations to our conferences and other major events, news of our scholarship programme, notifications of pilgrimages, and much more.